Covid 19 Workshop Policy
Sarah Duffield Artist
COVID-19 Policy Updated on 20th August 2020
The safety of both workshop participants and myself is my main priority.
Below are the steps I am taking to keep you safe when attending one of my art workshops:
* Monitoring and following guidance from Government and regulators.
* Increasing cleaning of workshop space and equipment. All equipment will be cleaned and sanitised before and after every workshop.
* Creating adequate space to enable social distancing during the workshop
* Changing the workshop timetable and maximum number of workshop participants to enable social distancing
* Sanitising my hands and wearing a face shield when moving between students.
• Maintaining social distancing, refraining from handling or aiding with work when viewing work and discussing it with participants.
* Teaching on separate equipment from all students
I ask that you take the following steps, which are consistent with government advice:
* Adhere to all Government guidance regarding social distancing, travel and isolation.
* Do not come to class if you are unwell.
* You must notify me immediately if you test positive for COVID-19 or develop symptoms, or you have had contact with someone who has tested positive or developed symptoms and you have attended a class in the last 14 days
* Keep your hands clean. Hand Sanitiser will be available at each work space for your sole use.
* Always carry tissues with you and use them to catch all coughs and sneezes and then bin the tissue - then wash your hands with soap and water, or use a sanitiser. Avoid touching your face with your hands.
* Please do not enter the workshop until ten minutes prior to the start of the session and leave promptly. I will need the room clear to clean.
* Minimise the personal belongings you bring to class as much as possible. (Please leave big items in car. Keep all items 2m away from other participant’s belongings.
* Stay within your allocated area unless using the toilet or going outside for air.
* The kitchen may not be used by students but I am happy to make you a hot drink if required (after washing my hands) please bring cold drinks or a flask with you.
* Lunch can either be eaten at your work space or outside maintaining social distancing guidelines.
* Painting water will be provided and changed regularly for you – please bring a water container with you.
* Easels will not be available please bring your own table easel with you.
* Table coverings will be provided, they will be sanitised before and after every use.
* All equipment required including a work surface will be available to purchase at cost from me – please let me know one week prior to the workshop which equipment you would like so as it can be stored for several days untouched – more information will be provided when you have booked a workshop.
* Hand sanitiser must be used before using the toilet, cloths and spray detergent will be provided so as you can clean all surfaces after use. The toilet will be cleaned at the start and the end of each day.
* Maintain a minimum distance of 2mtrs from other participants in the class.
* Do not pass objects to other students such as paint, brushes or work.
* In line with government guidance, I request that you wear a mask or face covering for the duration of the workshop unless you are outside, eating, drinking or have been specifically instructed by a medical professional not to. I will be offering sanitised face shields which can be fixed to glasses or worn secured around the head for those who wish to purchase them.